Felipesneworleans Blogger is a blogger based in Austin, Texas, who covers topics related to Felipe’s Taqueria, a Mexican restaurant with locations in New Orleans. The blog covers various aspects of the restaurant, such as its menu, flavors, and special events.
Exploring New Orleans
When it comes to exploring New Orleans, there’s no better guide than Felipesneworleans Blogger. This popular blog is dedicated to showcasing the best that the city has to offer, from its top attractions to its hidden gems. Whether you’re a local looking for new places to visit or a tourist planning your itinerary, Felipesneworleans Blogger has got you covered.
Top Attractions In New Orleans
New Orleans is known for its rich history, vibrant culture, and unique attractions. Felipesneworleans Blogger highlights some of the city’s must-see landmarks, such as:
- The historic French Quarter with its charming architecture and lively atmosphere
- The iconic St. Louis Cathedral, a stunning example of Gothic Revival architecture
- The captivating Garden District, with its beautiful mansions and oak-lined streets
- The lively and vibrant Bourbon Street, famous for its nightlife and live music
Hidden Gems In The City
In addition to the well-known attractions, New Orleans is teeming with hidden gems waiting to be discovered. Felipesneworleans Blogger shares some of the city’s best-kept secrets, including:
- The enchanting Audubon Park, a peaceful oasis perfect for picnics and leisurely walks
- The charming Algiers Point, a historic neighborhood with stunning views of the skyline
- The off-the-beaten-path City Park, home to beautiful botanical gardens and the famous New Orleans Museum of Art
- The atmospheric Frenchmen Street, a local favorite for live music and vibrant nightlife
New Orleans is a melting pot of cultures, and Felipesneworleans Blogger celebrates the city’s diverse heritage. From the annual Mardi Gras festivities to the jazz-infused streets of the Tremé neighborhood, there are countless cultural experiences to be had. Explore the vibrant art scene in the Warehouse District or immerse yourself in the rich history of the African-American community at the Backstreet Cultural Museum.
No trip to New Orleans is complete without indulging in its world-famous cuisine. Felipesneworleans Blogger guides you through the city’s culinary delights, from traditional Creole dishes like gumbo and jambalaya to mouthwatering beignets and po’boys. Don’t forget to sample the local seafood, such as fresh oysters and crawfish, and wash it all down with a classic Sazerac cocktail or a refreshing Hurricane.
With its mild climate and picturesque surroundings, New Orleans offers ample opportunities for outdoor adventures. Felipesneworleans Blogger suggests activities like:
- Exploring the scenic Mississippi River by taking a steamboat cruise or hopping on a ferry
- Biking or walking along the picturesque Mississippi River Trail
- Visiting the Audubon Zoo and Aquarium to get up close and personal with native and exotic animals
- Enjoying a picnic in one of the city’s beautiful parks, such as Crescent Park or Woldenberg Park
With Felipesneworleans Blogger as your guide, you’re sure to have an unforgettable experience as you explore all that New Orleans has to offer.
Local Events And Festivals
As a resident of Austin, Texas, you may already be familiar with the vibrant and lively atmosphere that the city offers. One of the best ways to fully embrace the local culture and experience the true essence of Austin is by attending the various local events and festivals that take place throughout the year. From music festivals to carnivals and parades, and even cultural celebrations, there is always something exciting happening in this city.
Austin is often referred to as the “Live Music Capital of the World”, and for good reason. The city hosts numerous music festivals throughout the year, showcasing a wide variety of genres and attracting talented artists from all over the globe. Whether you’re a fan of rock, country, blues, or indie music, there’s a festival for every taste.
Here are some of the most popular music festivals that you don’t want to miss:
- SXSW (South by Southwest): An annual festival that features a mix of music, film, and interactive conferences, offering a platform for both established and emerging artists.
- Austin City Limits Music Festival: A two-weekend event held in Zilker Park, offering amazing performances by renowned artists from different genres.
- Blues on the Green: A series of free outdoor concerts held during the summer months, where you can enjoy live blues music in a relaxed and laid-back atmosphere.
Carnivals And Parades
If you’re looking for a fun-filled and family-friendly experience, Austin’s carnivals and parades are a perfect choice. These events offer a great opportunity to indulge in delicious food, enjoy thrilling rides, and partake in lively activities. The city comes alive with colorful decorations and costumes, creating a festive and joyous atmosphere that will leave you with lasting memories.
Here are some of the must-visit carnivals and parades in Austin:
- Carnaval Brasileiro: Held annually, this carnival brings the vibrant spirit of Brazil to Austin, with samba dancers, live music, and elaborate costumes.
- Zilker Kite Festival: A beloved annual event where families and kite enthusiasts gather to watch colorful kites take to the sky. The festival also offers live music, food stalls, and various activities for all ages.
- Chuy’s Parade: Taking place during the holiday season, this parade features festive floats, marching bands, and Santa Claus himself, spreading holiday cheer throughout the city.
Austin thrives on its diverse cultural scene, and it proudly celebrates this diversity through various cultural festivals and celebrations. These events showcase the traditions, art, music, and cuisines of different cultures, allowing you to immerse yourself in a rich tapestry of experiences.
Here are some of the cultural celebrations that should be on your radar:
- Celebrate Asia: An annual event that highlights the vibrant and diverse cultures of Asia through music, dance performances, traditional arts and crafts, and mouthwatering cuisine.
- Fiesta de la Flor: This festival pays tribute to the late Tejano superstar Selena Quintanilla, featuring live music, a food fair, and other activities that celebrate her life and legacy.
- Cultural Arts Fest: Held at the Emma S. Barrientos Mexican American Cultural Center, this festival showcases the rich heritage of the Mexican-American community through art exhibitions, live performances, and workshops.
Making the most of these local events and festivals will not only allow you to experience the vibrant culture of Austin but also create unforgettable memories that will last a lifetime. So, mark your calendars and get ready to immerse yourself in the colorful and lively atmosphere of this incredible city!
When it comes to exploring New Orleans, you can’t miss out on the vibrant and diverse neighborhoods that make up the city’s unique charm. In this Neighborhood Spotlight, we’ll take you on a tour of some of the most iconic and culturally rich areas that Felipe’s New Orleans Blogger loves to explore. From the historic French Quarter to the artistic Marigny and the trendy Uptown, each of these neighborhoods has its distinct character and hidden gems just waiting to be discovered.
The French Quarter, also known as Vieux Carré, is the oldest neighborhood in New Orleans and a must-visit for any first-time visitor. With its quaint streets lined with colorful Creole townhouses, lively music scene, and world-famous cuisine, the French Quarter is a true melting pot of cultures and traditions. Don’t forget to explore the lively Bourbon Street, where you can experience the city’s vibrant nightlife.
The Garden District is a picturesque and charming neighborhood known for its stunning antebellum mansions, oak-lined streets, and beautiful gardens. This historic district offers a glimpse into the city’s rich architectural heritage and is home to Magazine Street, a vibrant shopping and dining destination. Take a stroll through the neighborhood and admire the Victorian-era mansions or stop by Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, which is known for its unique above-ground burial practices.
Located just downriver from the French Quarter, the Marigny neighborhood is a vibrant and eclectic area known for its vibrant music scene and bohemian atmosphere. Frenchman Street, the heart of the Marigny, is lined with jazz clubs, bars, and restaurants where you can catch live music performances any night of the week. Explore the Marigny’s colorful streets and discover unique art galleries, charming cafes, and local shops.
A true hidden gem, the Bywater neighborhood is an up-and-coming area that has gained popularity among artists, musicians, and foodies. With its vibrant street art, quirky boutiques, and trendy eateries, Bywater has a hip and laid-back vibe that attracts both locals and visitors alike. Don’t miss out on exploring Crescent Park, a scenic riverfront park that offers stunning views of the Mississippi River.
Uptown is a diverse and dynamic neighborhood that is home to the historic St. Charles Avenue, famous for its tree-lined streetcar route. This area is filled with beautiful mansions, charming cafes, and unique shops. Uptown is also home to Audubon Park, a lush green oasis perfect for picnics, jogging, or simply enjoying nature.
Felipesneworleans Blogger is your ultimate guide to exploring the rich history of New Orleans. From its plantations to museums and Civil War sites, this city is steeped in fascinating stories and landmarks. Let’s dive into the historical sites that you should visit during your trip to New Orleans.
New Orleans is known for its stunning plantations that showcase the city’s antebellum era. These grand estates offer a glimpse into the past and allow you to experience the opulence and charm of Southern plantation life. Here are a few must-visit plantations:
- Oak Alley Plantation: Step back in time as you walk beneath a canopy of majestic oak trees lining the pathway to this Greek Revival-style plantation.
- Houmas House & Gardens: Explore the “Crown Jewel of Louisiana’s River Road” and admire the well-preserved antiques and lush gardens.
- Destrehan Plantation: Visit the oldest documented plantation in the lower Mississippi Valley and learn about the unique Creole culture.
New Orleans boasts a range of museums that delve into various aspects of the city’s history. Whether you’re interested in art, music, or the city’s multicultural heritage, these museums have got you covered:
- The National WWII Museum: Immerse yourself in the gripping stories of World War II through interactive exhibits and personal narratives.
- The New Orleans Museum of Art: Discover a world-class collection of art spanning thousands of years, including works by renowned artists.
- The New Orleans Jazz Museum: Experience the birthplace of jazz as you explore the rich history and vibrant culture of this iconic music genre.
As a strategic port city during the Civil War, New Orleans became the site of significant battles and historical events. Explore these sites to gain a deeper understanding of this tumultuous period:
- Chalmette Battlefield: Step onto the grounds where the Battle of New Orleans was fought, a decisive victory for American forces led by Andrew Jackson.
- The Confederate Memorial Hall Museum: Discover artifacts and exhibits that shed light on the Confederate soldiers and their impact on the city’s history.
- The Louisiana State Museum: Visit the Cabildo and the Presbytère buildings, which display exhibits exploring Louisiana’s history, including the Civil War era.
With these historical sites, New Orleans offers a window into its vibrant past. Experience the grandeur of the plantations, immerse yourself in the diverse cultural heritage at museums, and learn about the city’s involvement in the Civil War. The rich history of New Orleans is waiting to be explored.
Nightlife And Entertainment
When it comes to nightlife and entertainment in Austin, Texas, Felipe’s New Orleans Blogger is your go-to source for the best recommendations. Whether you’re looking for live music venues, bars, and breweries, or performing arts, Felipe’s has got you covered. Let’s dive into each of these categories and discover the vibrant scene that Austin has to offer.
Live Music Venues
Austin is widely renowned as the Live Music Capital of the World, and there’s no shortage of incredible venues to catch a live performance. From intimate stages to large-scale arenas, the city caters to all music lovers. Here are some highlights to add to your must-visit list:
- The Continental Club: This historic club has been a cornerstone of Austin’s music scene since 1957. Known for its diverse lineup of blues, rock, and country acts, The Continental Club offers an authentic and intimate experience.
- Stubb’s BBQ: Not only does Stubb’s serve mouthwatering barbeque, but it also hosts some of the hottest concerts in town. With both indoor and outdoor stages, this iconic venue attracts both local and international artists.
- The Mohawk: Located in the heart of downtown Austin, The Mohawk is a go-to spot for indie rock, punk, and alternative music. Its spacious outdoor stage and cozy indoor space make it a versatile venue for all kinds of performances.
Bars And Breweries
Austin has a thriving bar and brewery scene, offering craft beer enthusiasts and cocktail connoisseurs an array of options. Whether you’re looking for a laid-back pub or a trendy speakeasy, you’ll find something to suit your taste. Here are a few standout establishments:
- Whisler’s: Known for its craft cocktails and speakeasy ambiance, Whisler’s is a staple in Austin’s bar scene. Situated in a historic building on the vibrant East Sixth Street, this bar offers a unique blend of old-world charm and contemporary mixology.
- Jester King Brewery: Located just outside of Austin, Jester King Brewery is a must-visit for beer enthusiasts. With its focus on farmhouse ales and wild-fermentation techniques, this brewery offers an innovative and ever-changing selection of brews.
- Barbara Jordan Bar: Situated in a modern hotel, this rooftop bar offers stunning views of downtown Austin. Enjoy craft cocktails and local beers while taking in the city skyline.
Austin’s performing arts scene is rich and diverse, showcasing a variety of theatrical performances, dance shows, and more. Whether you’re a fan of Broadway musicals or avant-garde plays, you’ll find something to captivate you. Some noteworthy venues include:
|Bass Concert Hall
|As the largest traditional performing arts venue in Austin, Bass Concert Hall hosts a wide range of shows, including Broadway musicals, ballet performances, and orchestral concerts.
|Austin’s oldest professional theater company, ZACH Theatre offers an eclectic lineup of classic and contemporary productions. From Shakespearean plays to modern dramas, there’s always something exciting happening here.
|Long Center for the Performing Arts
|Located on the picturesque shores of Lady Bird Lake, the Long Center is a state-of-the-art venue that hosts a wide array of performing arts events. From symphony performances to dance troupes, this venue showcases the best of Austin’s cultural scene.
With its vibrant live music scene, thriving bar and brewery culture, and diverse performing arts offerings, Austin’s nightlife and entertainment are truly unparalleled. Let Felipe’s New Orleans Blogger be your guide to make the most of your time in this lively city.
Shopping In New Orleans
New Orleans is not just known for its vibrant music scene and delicious cuisine, but it is also a paradise for shopaholics. From markets and boutiques to antique shops and art galleries, this city offers a unique shopping experience for every taste and budget.
Markets And Boutiques
When it comes to shopping in New Orleans, the markets and boutiques are a must-visit. The French Market is one of the oldest markets in the country and offers a wide range of products, from fresh produce to local crafts and souvenirs. If you’re looking for something unique and handmade, head to Magazine Street, where you’ll find a plethora of boutiques and specialty stores.
Moreover, the Crescent City Farmers Market is the perfect place to indulge in local flavors. Here, you can browse through a diverse selection of fresh fruits, vegetables, seafood, and other local products while supporting local farmers and artisans.
If you have a love for vintage and unique finds, New Orleans is home to some incredible antique shops. From furniture and home decor to jewelry and collectibles, these shops are a treasure trove of hidden gems.
One of the most renowned antique shops is M.S. Rau Antiques, located in the heart of the French Quarter. This prestigious establishment offers an extensive collection of fine art, jewelry, and antique furniture, attracting collectors from around the world.
Another notable antique shop is Lucullus, which specializes in French antique kitchenware and culinary objects. From vintage copper pots and cutlery to porcelain dishes and glassware, this shop will transport you to a bygone era of elegance and sophistication.
New Orleans has a thriving art scene, and the many art galleries in the city showcase a diverse range of artistic styles and mediums. Whether you’re a seasoned art collector or simply appreciate art, visiting these galleries is a treat for the senses.
The New Orleans Art District is home to a cluster of galleries, where you can explore contemporary art, photography, sculpture, and more. The Ogden Museum of Southern Art is also a must-visit, featuring works by Southern artists that reflect the rich cultural heritage of the region.
Furthermore, the Julia Street Art Galleries are a hub for local and international artists, offering a unique insight into the vibrant art scene of the city. From traditional paintings to mixed media installations, these galleries have something for every art enthusiast.
Are you a thrill-seeker looking for the ultimate outdoor adventures? Look no further than Felipesneworleans Blogger! Located in the heart of Austin, Texas, Felipesneworleans Blogger offers a wide range of exciting activities for nature enthusiasts. From exploring the mysterious swamps to kayaking and canoeing along scenic rivers to embarking on thrilling fishing trips, Felipesneworleans Blogger is your gateway to unforgettable outdoor experiences.
If you’ve ever been fascinated by the untamed beauty of swamps, Felipesneworleans Bloger’s swamp tours are a must-try. Immerse yourself in the captivating ecosystem as you cruise through the moss-draped cypress trees and spot unique wildlife. Our experienced guides will share their knowledge and introduce you to the rich history and fascinating stories of these enchanting wetlands.
Kayaking And Canoeing
For those who prefer a more active adventure, Felipesneworleans Blogger offers thrilling kayaking and canoeing experiences. Grab your paddle and navigate the serene rivers and picturesque lakes, surrounded by breathtaking natural scenery. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced kayaker, Felipesneworleans Blogger provides equipment and expert guidance, ensuring a safe and exciting journey.
Calling all fishing enthusiasts! Felipesneworleans Blogger has got you covered with their exciting fishing trips. Set sail on a fishing expedition and test your skills against a variety of fish species. From casting your line in freshwater lakes to venturing into the deep sea, Felipesneworleans Blogger offers a diverse range of fishing experiences for anglers of all levels. So pack your fishing gear and get ready for an adrenaline-pumping day on the water.
Food And Drink Recommendations
Are you a food lover visiting Austin, Texas? Look no further than Felipesneworleans Blogger for the best food and drink recommendations in the city! From must-try dishes to the best restaurants and local delicacies, this blog has got you covered.
When it comes to exploring a new city, trying the local cuisine is a must. And in Austin, there are certain dishes that you simply can’t miss. Here are a few must-try dishes recommended by Felipesneworleans Blogger:
- Texas-style BBQ: Austin is known for its mouthwatering BBQ, so be sure to indulge in some delicious brisket, ribs, and sausage.
- Breakfast Tacos: Start your day off right with a traditional Tex-Mex breakfast taco filled with eggs, cheese, and your choice of fillings.
- Tex-Mex Enchiladas: Experience the flavors of Tex-Mex cuisine with enchiladas smothered in rich sauces and topped with melted cheese.
If you’re looking for the best dining options in Austin, Felipesneworleans Blogger has got you covered. Here are a few of their top restaurant recommendations:
|900 E 11th St
|801 S Lamar Blvd
These restaurants are known for their exceptional food and are sure to leave you satisfied. Be sure to check out their websites for menus and reservation options.
In addition to the must-try dishes and best restaurants, Felipesneworleans Blogger also recommends trying some of Austin’s local delicacies. These are unique dishes or drinks that are deeply rooted in the city’s culture and food scene. Here are a few local delicacies to try:
- Kolaches: These Czech pastries filled with sweet or savory fillings are a popular breakfast treat in Austin.
- Craft Beer: Austin is home to numerous breweries that offer a wide selection of craft beers, perfect for beer enthusiasts.
- Migas: This Tex-Mex breakfast dish consists of scrambled eggs mixed with crispy tortilla strips, cheese, and other toppings.
By indulging in these local delicacies, you’ll get a true taste of Austin’s culinary scene and gain a deeper appreciation for the city.
Tips For Navigating New Orleans
New Orleans is a vibrant city known for its rich culture, delicious cuisine, and lively music scene. Navigating this unique city can be an adventure, but with a few tips in mind, you can make the most of your visit. From transportation options to safety and security, and even budget-friendly tips, we’ve got you covered.
Getting around New Orleans can be a breeze with various transportation options available.
1. Public Transportation
The New Orleans Regional Transit Authority (RTA) offers buses and streetcars that cover the city. It’s an affordable and convenient way to explore different neighborhoods and attractions.
2. Bike Rentals
Exploring New Orleans by bike is a fun and eco-friendly option. Numerous bike rental shops offer affordable rates, allowing you to cruise through the charming streets at your own pace.
3. Ride-Sharing Services
Ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft are widely available in New Orleans, providing a convenient and reliable way to get around the city.
Safety And Security
Like any other city, it’s important to prioritize your safety while exploring New Orleans.
1. Stay in Well-Lit and Populated Areas
Stick to well-lit and populated areas, especially when exploring during nighttime. Avoid isolated and unfamiliar neighborhoods.
2. Secure Your Belongings
Keep your belongings close and secure, especially in crowded areas such as festivals or busy streets. Use a cross-body bag or keep your wallet in a front pocket to deter pickpockets.
3. Stay Alert
Be aware of your surroundings and trust your instincts. If something doesn’t feel right, it’s best to err on the side of caution.
Exploring a new city doesn’t have to break the bank. Here are some budget-friendly tips for enjoying New Orleans:
1. Sample Affordable Street Food
New Orleans is known for its delicious street food. Grabbing a po’boy or some beignets from a local food stall is not only tasty but also budget-friendly.
2. Visit Free Attractions
Take advantage of the city’s many free attractions such as exploring the historic French Quarter, enjoying live music, or wandering through the beautiful City Park.
3. Happy Hour Specials
Many bars and restaurants in New Orleans offer happy hour specials with discounted drinks and appetizers. It’s a great way to experience the local food and drink scene without breaking the bank.
With these tips in mind, you’re well-equipped to navigate the charming streets of New Orleans. From trying out different transportation options to staying safe and sticking to your budget, your visit to the Big Easy is sure to be a memorable one.
Frequently Asked Questions For Felipesneworleans Blogger
Who Owns Felipe’s Cambridge?
Felipe’s Cambridge is owned by Felipe’s Taqueria, a Mexican restaurant in Cambridge, MA.
What Is The Story Behind Felipe’s Taqueria?
Felipe’s Taqueria began as a family-run business in New Orleans, with a mission to serve the most authentic and mouthwatering Mexican flavors. They are known for their small batch, made-from-scratch approach and their hand-squeezed Key lime Margaritas. The NOLA community has embraced Felipe’s as their go-to taqueria for delicious Mexican cuisine.
Where Can I Find Felipe’s Taqueria In New Orleans?
Felipe’s Taqueria has multiple locations in New Orleans, including the French Quarter and Mid-City. They offer indoor and outdoor dining options, allowing you to experience the vibrant atmosphere of the city while enjoying their flavorful tacos, burritos, and more. Visit their website for specific locations and opening hours.
What Makes Felipe’s Taqueria Unique?
Felipe’s Taqueria stands out for its commitment to freshness and quality. They make everything from scratch, using authentic Mexican recipes and the finest ingredients. Their dedication to small-batch cooking ensures that every dish is made with care and attention to detail.
Whether it’s their handmade tortillas or their signature margaritas, Felipe’s delivers an exceptional dining experience.
In the heart of Austin, Texas, Felipe’s New Orleans Blogger is a unique and authentic Mexican taqueria that tantalizes taste buds with mouthwatering flavors. As a family-run establishment, Felipe’s takes pride in its small-batch, made-from-scratch dishes and hand-squeezed Key lime Margaritas.
Whether you’re visiting their French Quarter location or exploring their Mid-City spot, Felipe’s aims to provide a delightful dining experience. Follow them on Instagram @felipesnola for a glimpse into their vibrant food culture. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to savor the true taste of Mexico at Felipe’s New Orleans Blogger.